Yogurt, according to science, offers several benefits. It contains protein, calcium and most especially the live bacteria which is very beneficial to humans. Yogurt is a staple to a lot of cultures and the uses of yogurt can be endless. It can be used as a dip, for cooking and marinating, and for dessert.
As a stay at home mom, being creative in preparing everyday meals is very challenging. Our featured recipe for today is very easy, healthy and appealing to the eye. For me, having a healthy breakfast is very important. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, for it fuels our body for the activities for the day. The typical “American” breakfast is a far cry from healthy so it is a must for me as a mom and a wife to prepare something healthy for my family. This is one of the easiest breakfast recipe that we can immediately toss for our family, Fruits and Yogurt Salad.
This breakfast bowl is like and healthy, edible art. Not only it is instagram worthy, but also worthy for your tummy.
2 cups plain yogurt
2 tsp honey
1\2 Vanilla extract (optional)
2 tsp chia seeds
Fruit of choice ( I use strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and bananas)
- Mix yogurt, honey and vanilla extract together in a bowl
- Slice desired fruits and arrange them on top of your yogurt
- Toss in Almonds, granola and chia seeds for more exciting texture and flavor.
- Serve and enjoy!
We can make our own versions of breakfast bowls. We can add our desired fruits and other toppings to make it more exciting and delicious. Here are some tips on how to make a well balanced breakfast bowl;
Put as many colorful fruits as you like in your bowl. Fruits are high in vitamins, mineral and fiber. Some examples of fruit options are:
• Berries- such as blueberries, raspberries and strawberries are loaded with antioxidants. It provides many nutrients and also helps in inflammations. It helps lower cholesterol and improves blood sugar levels.
• Banana- it is known as a good source of Potassium. Bananas also aids in digestion and supports heart health.
• Papaya, watermelon, Cantaloupe- These fruits are are known to be cleansing fruits. Not only that they taste good, but they also heals and detoxifies organs.
Nuts/seeds, such as almonds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, walnuts and pistachios are just some of the options we can add on our breakfast bowl. Nuts/seeds not only adds texture but it also adds flavor and crunch. They are also a good source of protein and fiber and helps regulate body weight.
Lastly, our granola or cereals. Granolas and cereals are rich in fiber. It taste good with milk, but wait til you try it with yogurt, it is life changing.
You can get as creative as you wish in making your own breakfast bowl. You can put as much or as little as you want and you can also arrange the toppings to be insta worthy! Well for me that’s what I usually do! I eat with my eyes too. Breakfast should be healthy, but it should also be fun! Enjoy!